Are You a Carer?
A carer is someone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who, due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or addiction cannot cope without their support.
Your Rights as a Carer
- As a carer, you have certain basic rights;
- A carer's assessment
- Request flexible working from your employer
- Receive financial support through Carer's Allowance
- Have your views taken into consideration by social services when they are deciding how best to meet the needs of the person you care for
You may also;
- Receive assistance with practical help at home, counselling to deal with stress and information about local support groups
- Arrange respite care to give you a break
If you are a carer, would you kindly register with the receptionist or via the online form below and we can add your contact details to our records.
They’re here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.
Telephone: 020 7378 4999
Lincolnshire Carers Service
Lincolnshire County Council's Customer Service Centre and Carers FIRST working in partnership to deliver the Lincolnshire Carers Service.
Telephone: 01522 782 224
Other Useful Contacts
Every-One - making wellbeing personal
Tel: 01522 811582
Tel: 0300 303 1555
Lincolnshire County Council Young Carers Team
Tel: 01522 553 275
(Young Carers under 18)
Out of Hours Duty Team
Tel: 01522 782 333