This information has been taken from the Lincolnshire CCG website. To view latest information, please visit their site https://lincolnshireccg.nhs.uk/latest-update-on-covid-19-vaccine-sites-in-lincolnshire
The covid vaccination process in Lincolnshire has got off to a great start. We were amongst the first in the country to start vaccinating on 8th December through our first hospital hub at Lincoln County Hospital, we were amongst the first to start vaccinating through our GP led primary care network model, with eight centres already in operation last week. We were delighted that once again Lincolnshire was amongst the first in the country to be offering the new AstraZeneca vaccination, from our latest hospital hub at Pilgrim Hospital in Boston last week.
Lincolnshire NHS is delighted to announce that by the end of this week, five more local vaccination centres will go live. Patients in these areas are being contacted to organise their vaccination appointments. The NHS will contact people and local people are asked not to contact the NHS.
The additional sites are:
- The Storehouse, Skegness
- Lincolnshire Showground, Lincoln
- Springfields, Spalding
- John Coupland Hospital, Gainsborough
- Marisco Medical Practice, Mablethorpe
They will join the existing vaccination sites in Lincolnshire, which are:
- Lincoln County Hospital
- Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Local vaccination centres:
- Louth Community Hospital
- Meres Leisure Centre, Grantham
- Waddington Branch Surgery, South Lincoln
- St Marys Medical Practice, Stamford
- Franklin Hall, Spilsby
- Sidings Medical Practice, Boston
- Rustons Sports and Social Club, Lincoln
- Portland Medical Practice, Lincoln
The launch of these further five sites is a significant milestone for Lincolnshire. The next steps for the county’s NHS is to roll out the programme further through two large vaccination sites and a roving service for the housebound across the county. The NHS will continue to keep the public updated as these further sites and vaccination services become available.
The vaccination services in Lincolnshire, as in the rest of the country, are focused on delivering the vaccines to the key priority groups (residents in a care home for older adults and their carers, those aged 70 and over, frontline health and social care workers and the clinically extremely vulnerable) to ensure that we are able to meet the targets set by the government.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination guide for older adults
- Why you have to wait for your COVID-19 vaccine – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Find out more in this ‘what to expect’ information leaflet
You can find a full list of vaccination sites here: england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/hospital-hubs-and-local-vaccination-services